Disc golf tournament benefits food bank
July 17, 2013
The Disc Golf Community and The Friends of Larry Terronez Jr. will host a tournament to benefit the Interfaith Food Bank. From 8 to 10 a.m. Saturday at Condon Park Disc Golf Course, the Larry Terronez Jr. Memorial Disc Golf Tournament will include a free round of disc golf, while collecting canned goods for the IFM. For every two cans of donated food, participants will earn a free raffle ticket. In addition, cash donations can be made out to the Interfaith Food Ministry.
A PDGA-sanctioned round called the Larry's 1 Round Food Bank Challenge is scheduled for 10 a.m.. This round is $5 for amateurs and $10 for pros. A portion of the proceeds are donated to the IFM. The amateurs play for a trophy, and the pros play for cash minus their donation amount and a trophy.
Those interested in assisting with raffle prizes or cash donations can call Sheri at 530-273-0871. All donations are tax deductible.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana