Diaper drive set for Jan. 19
January 10, 2013
In honor and celebration of the Inauguration of President Obama, the Nevada County Community for President Obama will volunteer with the Nevada County Diaper Project — a project of the Interfaith Food Ministry — in a 'Diaper Drive.'
On Saturday, January 19, the National Day of Service, volunteers will set up informational sites at locations around the county including SPD in Nevada City, CVS/Pharmacy in Grass Valley, and Raleys in Grass Valley. Shoppers will be informed of the need for diapers for Nevada County babies and toddlers from low income families and encouraged to purchase a box of diapers and donate it as they exit the store.
If you would like to be a part of this National Day of Service, please contact Cheryl Cook at the Nevada County Community for President Obama for more information at (530) 205-7487.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local