Diaper drive set for Jan. 19
January 10, 2013
In honor and celebration of the Inauguration of President Obama, the Nevada County Community for President Obama will volunteer with the Nevada County Diaper Project — a project of the Interfaith Food Ministry — in a 'Diaper Drive.'
On Saturday, January 19, the National Day of Service, volunteers will set up informational sites at locations around the county including SPD in Nevada City, CVS/Pharmacy in Grass Valley, and Raleys in Grass Valley. Shoppers will be informed of the need for diapers for Nevada County babies and toddlers from low income families and encouraged to purchase a box of diapers and donate it as they exit the store.
If you would like to be a part of this National Day of Service, please contact Cheryl Cook at the Nevada County Community for President Obama for more information at (530) 205-7487.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance