Democrats host gift-wrapping event for homeless
December 26, 2012
The community is invited to join the Nevada County Democrats at their December "First Tuesday" meeting for their traditional session of wrapping holiday gifts for guests of Hospitality House. Program Supervisor Terri Fransen will also talk about the Hospitality House program. Please bring gift-wrapping supplies and shoebox-sized containers. The hosts will provide useful items, such as socks and toiletries, to fill them. The meeting is set for 5:30-8 p.m. Tuesday at the Nevada City Veteran's Hall lower room, 415 N. Pine St. (enter from the parking lot off Commercial Street). Complimentary pizza and salad will be provided; beverages are available.
No reservations are needed. For information, call (530) 477-1804 or contact http://www.nevadacountydemocrats.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial