Democrats host gift-wrapping event for homeless
December 26, 2012
The community is invited to join the Nevada County Democrats at their December "First Tuesday" meeting for their traditional session of wrapping holiday gifts for guests of Hospitality House. Program Supervisor Terri Fransen will also talk about the Hospitality House program. Please bring gift-wrapping supplies and shoebox-sized containers. The hosts will provide useful items, such as socks and toiletries, to fill them. The meeting is set for 5:30-8 p.m. Tuesday at the Nevada City Veteran's Hall lower room, 415 N. Pine St. (enter from the parking lot off Commercial Street). Complimentary pizza and salad will be provided; beverages are available.
No reservations are needed. For information, call (530) 477-1804 or contact http://www.nevadacountydemocrats.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site