Dedication to honor local fallen heroes
March 22, 2013
A special dedication of plaques honoring three Nevada County fallen Heros will be at 10 a.m., March 30 on the Gold Star Memorial Bridge, formerly known as the Brighton Street Bridge Overpass.
A reception at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Hall on South Auburn Street will follow. Sponsored by the Blue Star Mothers of America, Sierra Nevada, California Chapter 12, the event will honor Lance Cpl. Adam Strain USMC, graduated from Nevada Union High School in 2003; Lance Cpl. John "JT" Lucente USMC, graduated from Bear River High School in 2004; and Corporal Sean Stokes USMC, graduated from Bear River High School in 2001. Let no one forget their ultimate sacrifice.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County coroner: San Francisco man disappears while swimming in South Yuba River
- Love at first bite: A chance pit stop on a country road turned into a booming business for Ajay Avery
- Nevada County coroner: Homicide victim Brian Sharp had meth in his system
- Grass Valley’s Culture Shock Yogurt prepares to close downtown location
- Grass Valley family in need of financial help for son’s recovery from liver transplant — and his donor