Dedication to honor local fallen heroes
March 22, 2013
A special dedication of plaques honoring three Nevada County fallen Heros will be at 10 a.m., March 30 on the Gold Star Memorial Bridge, formerly known as the Brighton Street Bridge Overpass.
A reception at the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Hall on South Auburn Street will follow. Sponsored by the Blue Star Mothers of America, Sierra Nevada, California Chapter 12, the event will honor Lance Cpl. Adam Strain USMC, graduated from Nevada Union High School in 2003; Lance Cpl. John "JT" Lucente USMC, graduated from Bear River High School in 2004; and Corporal Sean Stokes USMC, graduated from Bear River High School in 2001. Let no one forget their ultimate sacrifice.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison