Cub Scout makes an impression
September 19, 2013
Daniel Collins of Penn Valley was recently greeted by a Cub Scout named Austin at SPD in Grass Valley. The young scout and his father were selling tickets for the Duck Races, and Austin said, "The money goes to help people, including schools."
Collins promptly purchased two tickets and sent the above photo to The Union.
"We need to recognize this young man and his dad," said Collins. "I caught a couple of men doing something good. Success comes in 'cans,' not 'can'ts.'"
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed