CPR instruction offered in Alta Sierra
February 11, 2013
CPR training classes are being offered Feb. 26 at the Alta Sierra Country Club. Two classes are offered, one at 9 a.m., the next at 1 p.m. The class also includes instruction and certification in the use of an automated external defibrillator. Would you know what to do for a friend, family member or stranger in the case of cardian arrest? Roughly 88 percent of cardiac arrests happen at home, and without blood flow, brain damage begins in about four minutes. The approximate medical response time for Nevada County is four to eight minutes. CPR provided immediately after cardiac arrest can double or triple the chance of survival.
Class cost is $50, which includes materials and two-year certification. Class size limited, register online at http://smartheartcpr.com, call 530-913-2312 or stop by the Alta Sierra Country Club.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum