CPR instruction offered in Alta Sierra
February 11, 2013
CPR training classes are being offered Feb. 26 at the Alta Sierra Country Club. Two classes are offered, one at 9 a.m., the next at 1 p.m. The class also includes instruction and certification in the use of an automated external defibrillator. Would you know what to do for a friend, family member or stranger in the case of cardian arrest? Roughly 88 percent of cardiac arrests happen at home, and without blood flow, brain damage begins in about four minutes. The approximate medical response time for Nevada County is four to eight minutes. CPR provided immediately after cardiac arrest can double or triple the chance of survival.
Class cost is $50, which includes materials and two-year certification. Class size limited, register online at http://smartheartcpr.com, call 530-913-2312 or stop by the Alta Sierra Country Club.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton