CPR instruction offered in Alta Sierra
February 11, 2013
CPR training classes are being offered Feb. 26 at the Alta Sierra Country Club. Two classes are offered, one at 9 a.m., the next at 1 p.m. The class also includes instruction and certification in the use of an automated external defibrillator. Would you know what to do for a friend, family member or stranger in the case of cardian arrest? Roughly 88 percent of cardiac arrests happen at home, and without blood flow, brain damage begins in about four minutes. The approximate medical response time for Nevada County is four to eight minutes. CPR provided immediately after cardiac arrest can double or triple the chance of survival.
Class cost is $50, which includes materials and two-year certification. Class size limited, register online at http://smartheartcpr.com, call 530-913-2312 or stop by the Alta Sierra Country Club.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana