‘Covered California’ forum set for March 4
February 26, 2014
The Affordable Care Act, otherwise known as Obamacare, is here. Are you ready? Under the law, March 31 is the last day to obtain health insurance without incurring a financial penalty. On Tuesday, the Nevada County Democrats First Tuesday Educational Forum will feature two local health care experts and an insurance agent to help people navigate the ins and outs of 'Covered California,' the state's program implementing Obamacare.
Featured will be Dr. Roger Hicks, director of YubaDocs in Grass Valley, who received his medical degree from Cornell University, completed his family practice residency at U.C. Davis and is a member of the Urgent Care Association of America. Also participating is Debbie Wagner, a registered nurse and director of physician recruitment and community outreach at Sierra Memorial Hospital.
Each speaker will make a presentation, followed by questions from the audience.
Also present will be a Covered California certified insurance agent, who will schedule appointments to help individuals and families comply with the law by finding the right insurance plan to fit their needs and financial abilities. Don't miss this chance to learn more about how Obamacare will affect the lives of you and your family. The forum will be from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Nevada City Veterans Hall, 415 North Pine St., Lower Level.
Pizza and salad will served; beverages will be available for purchase. For more information, call 530-477-1804 or visit http://nevadacountydemocrats.com. The event is sponsored by the Nevada County Democrats.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier