County book sale extended
October 18, 2013
Winter is just around the corner and now is the time to stock up on some good books for a rainy day. Choose from mysteries, adventures, science fiction and more.
Nevada County is holding its 18th annual book sale at the Rood Center Lobby, located at 950 Maidu Ave., in Nevada City, and due to its popularity, the sale has been extended through Nov. 8.
The sale is open to the public from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday.
All proceeds go to United Way of Nevada County. There are a variety of books on hand, including children’s, cookbooks, fiction and nonfiction ranging in price from 50 cents to $2. There are also tapes, CDs and DVDs for $1-$3.
This event is just one of many Nevada County is holding to benefit United Way of Nevada County. Donations of items are no longer being accepted for the book sale.
United Way of Nevada County is currently collecting donations of new/gently used blankets, sleeping bags and gloves to help keep the homeless warm this winter. There is a collection box located in the lobby of the Rood Center.
For more information, contact Lelia Loomis at 530-265-1498.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location