County Board of Education to meet Wednesday
April 8, 2014
The Nevada County Board of Education will hold the group's regular meeting at the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools Houser Conference Room at 2 p.m. Wednesday. Items to be discussed include the superintendent's report about the Penn Valley Union Elementary School District consolidation, and presentation of the county wide charter from the Farmworkers Institute on Education and Leadership Development (FIELD) for the Escuela Popular Instituto Campesino de Cesar Chavez (EPIC).
The board plans to vote on the approval of EPIC shortly after the report is presented.
Other action items scheduled for discussion are whether the board should approve the proposal for a summer learning program at Earle Jamieson High School, and the potential scheduling of a special meeting in June for public hearings about the county's budget.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans