County Board of Education to meet Wednesday
April 8, 2014
The Nevada County Board of Education will hold the group's regular meeting at the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools Houser Conference Room at 2 p.m. Wednesday. Items to be discussed include the superintendent's report about the Penn Valley Union Elementary School District consolidation, and presentation of the county wide charter from the Farmworkers Institute on Education and Leadership Development (FIELD) for the Escuela Popular Instituto Campesino de Cesar Chavez (EPIC).
The board plans to vote on the approval of EPIC shortly after the report is presented.
Other action items scheduled for discussion are whether the board should approve the proposal for a summer learning program at Earle Jamieson High School, and the potential scheduling of a special meeting in June for public hearings about the county's budget.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Cioppino and pasta feed fundraiser coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Foothills activists sought to advocate for Medicare, Social Security
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Nevada County child sex suspect scheduled to return to court next week
- THE UNION NOW: Live streaming from the newsroom