Community yard sale benefits Nevada County Food Bank
May 23, 2013
The Grass Valley 4-H Club's Community Service Project is the Nevada County Food Bank. Each year the club hosts a yard sale where all proceeds benefit the Food Bank. The club is requesting donations for the sale, which may be dropped off at the Y, located at the intersection of Brunswick Road and Highway 174 in Cedar Ridge, from June 17 through June 23.
This yard sale is unique in that pricing is done on a donation only basis. Last year they raised more than $350 for the Food Bank. Mark your calendar and plan to attend the "donation only" yard sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, June 23.
If you have large items or need donations picked up, contact the Grass Valley 4-H Club Food Bank Committee chair, Joanne Drummond, at 530-913-7757.
To learn more about the 4-H or to join a local club, visit the Nevada County 4-H website at http://ucanr.org/sites/nevadacounty4h/ or call 530-273-4563.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Congressman Tom McClintock to speak to Nevada County Republican Women
- 1/2-acre vegetation fire off North Bloomfield contained
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site