Community yard sale benefits Nevada County Food Bank
May 23, 2013
The Grass Valley 4-H Club's Community Service Project is the Nevada County Food Bank. Each year the club hosts a yard sale where all proceeds benefit the Food Bank. The club is requesting donations for the sale, which may be dropped off at the Y, located at the intersection of Brunswick Road and Highway 174 in Cedar Ridge, from June 17 through June 23.
This yard sale is unique in that pricing is done on a donation only basis. Last year they raised more than $350 for the Food Bank. Mark your calendar and plan to attend the "donation only" yard sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, June 23.
If you have large items or need donations picked up, contact the Grass Valley 4-H Club Food Bank Committee chair, Joanne Drummond, at 530-913-7757.
To learn more about the 4-H or to join a local club, visit the Nevada County 4-H website at http://ucanr.org/sites/nevadacounty4h/ or call 530-273-4563.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed