Community yard sale benefits Nevada County Food Bank
May 23, 2013
The Grass Valley 4-H Club's Community Service Project is the Nevada County Food Bank. Each year the club hosts a yard sale where all proceeds benefit the Food Bank. The club is requesting donations for the sale, which may be dropped off at the Y, located at the intersection of Brunswick Road and Highway 174 in Cedar Ridge, from June 17 through June 23.
This yard sale is unique in that pricing is done on a donation only basis. Last year they raised more than $350 for the Food Bank. Mark your calendar and plan to attend the "donation only" yard sale from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday, June 23.
If you have large items or need donations picked up, contact the Grass Valley 4-H Club Food Bank Committee chair, Joanne Drummond, at 530-913-7757.
To learn more about the 4-H or to join a local club, visit the Nevada County 4-H website at http://ucanr.org/sites/nevadacounty4h/ or call 530-273-4563.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana