Community members invited to League of Women Voters’ annual luncheon
May 23, 2013
The League of Women Voters of Western Nevada County invites members and interested citizens to its annual meeting and luncheon from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 8, at Tofanelli's Restaurant, 302 West Main St. in Grass Valley.
The annual meeting is one of the most important general membership meetings of the league's year. It gives members an opportunity to direct the future of the league. Some of the topics on our agenda will include:
– Discussing local positions as summarized in our membership directory.
– Offering ideas for new studies and/or updating existing studies.
– Electing officers and directors for the 2013-2014 League year.
– Getting direction from our members for program topics for the coming year.
Menu entree choices are French dip sandwich with fries, club croissant turkey sandwich or chicken Caesar salad.
Price includes entree, dessert, beverages, tax and tip. To reserve a lunch, send a check for $17 made out to LWVWNC by May 31 to Treasurer, 661 Morgan Ranch Drive, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization encouraging informed and active participation in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Grass Valley native climbs ranks in high school rodeo