Community investment process begins at United Way of Nevada County
January 29, 2013
United Way of Nevada County will begin its annual funding allocation process for calendar year 2013. Application packets will be available for any community based, nonprofit 501 (c) (3) organization that has provided health and human services to the residents of Nevada County for at least three years.
Funds being distributed will be coming from the United Way community investment fund.
Three different applications will become available from United Way of Nevada County during the week of Feb. 4, 2013. The Funded Partner Applications (United Way of Nevada County's current partners who are seeking funding), The Non Funded Partner Applications (United Way of Nevada County's current partners who will not be requesting funding this year, however they would like to continue being partners with United Way) and the Affiliate Partner Applications (applications for those looking to become affiliate partners with United Way of Nevada County. An Affiliate Partner that remains in good standing for nine months is qualified to request funding).
The United Way of Nevada County community investment fund will be directed towards three critical impact areas, they are:
EDUCATION: Helping children and adults achieve their potential through education and mentoring programs.
INCOME: Helping families and seniors become financially stable and independent by supporting basic needs.
HEALTH: Improving people's health by increasing access to critical healthcare services, reducing substance abuse, child abuse, and domestic violence.
All applicants will be reviewed by The United Way of Nevada County Community Investment Committee, The United Way of Nevada County Board of Directors, and the 2013 Citizen Review Teams from the community. This review process will include site visits with all the applicant organizations by the Citizen Review Teams.
Any community member that is interested in being on a Citizens Review Team should contact United Way of Nevada County. Any health and human service nonprofit agency that has questions about the application process can contact United Way of Nevada County at 530-274-8111 or visit United Way's website at UWNC.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death