Community Diaper Drive to aid Nevada County families
January 18, 2013
Residents of Grass Valley and Nevada City are urged to participate in the Day of Service Community Diaper Drive from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, January 19 to support the Nevada County Diaper Project.
One in three young families in Nevada County are forced to choose between buying food to feed their children or diapers that are so needed. Diapers are distributed through Interfaith Food Ministry, Family Resource Centers, Women of Worth, and Pampered Earth.
Diapers can be purchased and/or dropped off at the following locations: Raley's Supermarket on Freeman Lane in Grass Valley, CVS Pharmacy on Sutton Way in Grass Valley and SPD on Zion Street in Nevada City.
Volunteers from Nevada County Community for Obama will be on hand to answer questions and accept the diaper donations.
Won't you purchase a package and drop it off? Monetary donations can be mailed to Nevada County Diaper Project, P. O. Box 912, Penn Valley, CA 95946.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance