Community diaper drive a huge success
January 29, 2013
The community diaper drive, sponsored by the Nevada County Community for the National Day of Service, was a huge success.
Cheryl Cook and her team of volunteers manned booths at three locations: SPD of Nevada City, Raley's and CVS Pharmacy in Grass Valley. Roughly 4,000 diapers and $930 in cash were collected for the Nevada County Diaper Project. This will supply diapers to young mothers in the county for two months.
Many thanks go to Cheryl and her volunteers for their time and effort, the managers of SPD, Raley's and CVS Pharmacy for the use of their store sites, Mike Dobbins of The Wildwood Independent for his donation for the printing of flyers, and to the residents of Nevada County who so generously contributed both diapers and cash to the project.
If you were unable to attend the event, you can still participate by dropping packages of diapers off at Interfaith Ministry, 551 Whiting St. in Grass Valley or by mailing a donation to Nevada County Diaper Project, P. O. Box 912, Penn Valley, CA.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Following theft, beloved Nevada County local Kenny Bond to get new bike donated from local businesses
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Joseph Ward, accused of murder, appears in Nevada County Superior Court
- CHP: Fire near Greenhorn Campground leads to evacuations