“Climate Change Reality” presentation set for May 28
May 12, 2013
The Rev. Sharon Delgado will share her presentation, "Climate Change Reality," with community members from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on May 28 at the Nevada City United Methodist Church, 433 Broad St., in Nevada City. Delgado's presentation, a call to action, will focus on "the massive impacts of human-caused climate change on the earth's natural systems."
A trained presenter with the Climate Reality Project, Delgado is executive director of local nonprofit Earth Justice Ministries. She will incorporate many of that group's slides into her presentation. The program is being sponsored by the Nevada City United Methodist Church and Society Committee. For more information, visit http://www.earth-justice.org or "like" Earth Justice Ministries on Facebook. To schedule Rev. Delgado for a presentation on climate change or another topic, go to http://sharondelgado.org/presentations/. Find her blog postings on climate change at http://sharondelgado.org/category/climate-change-2/.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair