“Climate Change Reality” presentation set for May 28
May 12, 2013
The Rev. Sharon Delgado will share her presentation, "Climate Change Reality," with community members from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on May 28 at the Nevada City United Methodist Church, 433 Broad St., in Nevada City. Delgado's presentation, a call to action, will focus on "the massive impacts of human-caused climate change on the earth's natural systems."
A trained presenter with the Climate Reality Project, Delgado is executive director of local nonprofit Earth Justice Ministries. She will incorporate many of that group's slides into her presentation. The program is being sponsored by the Nevada City United Methodist Church and Society Committee. For more information, visit http://www.earth-justice.org or "like" Earth Justice Ministries on Facebook. To schedule Rev. Delgado for a presentation on climate change or another topic, go to http://sharondelgado.org/presentations/. Find her blog postings on climate change at http://sharondelgado.org/category/climate-change-2/.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws