Climate Change Coalition to meet today
June 16, 2014
The Nevada County Climate Change Coalition, comprised of local environmental and religious groups, representatives of chapters of national groups, and concerned individuals, will meet at 6:30 p.m. today, June 17, at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 South Church Street in Grass Valley.
Climate change, bringing drought, floods, megastorms, melting glaciers, rising oceans, and discoordinated plant and animal seasonal schedules has already started. How we will respond to all these planetary changes is the biggest ethical issue ever to confront humankind. You are invited to bring your ideas for the education and mobilization of the general public to cooperatively mitigate and accommodate the coming hard times.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- 16 people evacuated from Cascade Shores area
- ‘Spread the love’ event in downtown Grass Valley hits unsuspecting passersby with flowers
- 25th Mardi Gras parade, celebration parties on in Nevada City despite rain
- Storm expected to pick up steam, drop 5-6 inches of rain through Tuesday