Climate Change Coalition to meet today
June 16, 2014
The Nevada County Climate Change Coalition, comprised of local environmental and religious groups, representatives of chapters of national groups, and concerned individuals, will meet at 6:30 p.m. today, June 17, at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, 246 South Church Street in Grass Valley.
Climate change, bringing drought, floods, megastorms, melting glaciers, rising oceans, and discoordinated plant and animal seasonal schedules has already started. How we will respond to all these planetary changes is the biggest ethical issue ever to confront humankind. You are invited to bring your ideas for the education and mobilization of the general public to cooperatively mitigate and accommodate the coming hard times.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house