Chronic pain support group open to new members
April 15, 2013
Do you suffer with pain? Has it been a month or more that pain and depression has controlled your life? Pain can destroy our lives to those who submit to it, but with the right direction and the proper support system, life can be different. There are materials and new approaches available from the American Chronic Pain Association, such as "Become a Person and Leave the Role of Patient Behind." Pain may not completely disappear, but it is possible to live successfully with a degree of pain. The chronic pain support groups focuses on 10 basic concepts. Meeting twice monthly at Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital, the group has been in existence for more than eight years. If there are no ways to completely eliminate pain, we must accept that we have chronic pain and live with our pain.
The support group meets from 1 to 3 p.m. the first and third Wednesdays of each month at SNMH in the Solarium Room, facing the garden area outside. For information, contact American Chronic Pain Association facilitator Jeanne Spring at 530-432-0247.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Nevada County banker stepping away after half century in the business
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum