‘Christmas Child’ event seeking children who may not have a Christmas otherwise
November 13, 2013
Christmas Child, an annual event geared toward giving gifts to children in need and creating a meaningful celebration, is currently compiling names of families who could use help. Pastor Sandra Chipchase, of Word-A-Live! Church, pioneered Christmas Child in 2011 and hopes to expand the event by adding "All Community Christmas Carols," along with a Christmas Child's "Kidz Christmas Party."
Names of the children and their ages should be submitted along with what they want for Christmas. Christmas Child serves children from 6 months to 18 years.
Donations are generally made from supporters in Chipchase's congregation, as well as members of the community. The large Christmas party, scheduled for the Friday before Christmas, will include food, decorations, Christmas carols, and the giving of gifts. This year the congregation is hoping to reaching more children for this party, especially those who would not have a Christmas otherwise.
Financial donations are appreciated as well as helpers to help organize and serve. Call 530-432-9155 for more information or donate to Word-A-Live! Church, "Christmas Child," P.O. Box 1477, Penn Valley, CA 95946.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- GOP to host gun rights lobbyist in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Eye on the Economy: Nevada County’s commerce lags behind in economic recovery (VIDEO)