‘Christmas Child’ event seeking children who may not have a Christmas otherwise
November 13, 2013
Christmas Child, an annual event geared toward giving gifts to children in need and creating a meaningful celebration, is currently compiling names of families who could use help. Pastor Sandra Chipchase, of Word-A-Live! Church, pioneered Christmas Child in 2011 and hopes to expand the event by adding "All Community Christmas Carols," along with a Christmas Child's "Kidz Christmas Party."
Names of the children and their ages should be submitted along with what they want for Christmas. Christmas Child serves children from 6 months to 18 years.
Donations are generally made from supporters in Chipchase's congregation, as well as members of the community. The large Christmas party, scheduled for the Friday before Christmas, will include food, decorations, Christmas carols, and the giving of gifts. This year the congregation is hoping to reaching more children for this party, especially those who would not have a Christmas otherwise.
Financial donations are appreciated as well as helpers to help organize and serve. Call 530-432-9155 for more information or donate to Word-A-Live! Church, "Christmas Child," P.O. Box 1477, Penn Valley, CA 95946.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball