‘Christmas Child’ event seeking children who may not have a Christmas otherwise
November 13, 2013
Christmas Child, an annual event geared toward giving gifts to children in need and creating a meaningful celebration, is currently compiling names of families who could use help. Pastor Sandra Chipchase, of Word-A-Live! Church, pioneered Christmas Child in 2011 and hopes to expand the event by adding “All Community Christmas Carols,” along with a Christmas Child’s “Kidz Christmas Party.”
Names of the children and their ages should be submitted along with what they want for Christmas. Christmas Child serves children from 6 months to 18 years.
Donations are generally made from supporters in Chipchase’s congregation, as well as members of the community. The large Christmas party, scheduled for the Friday before Christmas, will include food, decorations, Christmas carols, and the giving of gifts. This year the congregation is hoping to reaching more children for this party, especially those who would not have a Christmas otherwise.
Financial donations are appreciated as well as helpers to help organize and serve. Call 530-432-9155 for more information or donate to Word-A-Live! Church, “Christmas Child,” P.O. Box 1477, Penn Valley, CA 95946.
Trending In: News Briefs
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping
- Nevada City’s Streicher House on the lookout for new location
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows