Christian women’s business organization raising money for nonprofits
February 12, 2013
Team BAMMER is on its mission to double the amount of money raised for local non profits. Their goal is $12,000 in 2013. Their next outreach is with Community Recovery Resources (CoRR). CoRR is hosting a virtual "Jail and Bail" — and anyone wanting to help team BAMMER AND help CoRR, is encouraged to donate on line at: http://www.corr.us/jail-n-bail/, look for the Team BAMMER photo and click there to donate. Another collaborative opportunity is to attend the March 2 fundraiser at one of the BAM Members locations: Party Time, between B&C and Savemart in the Fowler shopping center in Grass Valley.
The BAM Project is a nationwide Christian Business Women's Organization. The Nevada County Tapestry has just completed its first year and already has 25 members. Their volunteer leadership team consists of 13 Christian business women who cross market and refer each others businesses and services as well as volunteer together in their community. March 2 is one of these such events. CoRR is a member of BAM, and the other businesses are coming together to raise funds for CoRR's programs. CoRR's mission is to provide a full spectrum of programs focused toward reducing the social, health, and financial impact on our families and children from all types of drug abuse. Learn more about CoRR at http://www.corr.us.
On March 2 between 11 a.m. 3 p.m., Party Time is hosting the fundraiser with 20 percent of all items purchased (excluding balloons) donated to the nonprofit. The store M3 Mall will have face-painters donating 50 percent of each face design, A to Z will have Dan Wheat's Honey for sale with a percentage donated to CoRR, and the entire BAM leadership team is providing bake goods and volunteering for the BAKE SALE.
In addition to serving in the community once a month, The BAM Project ~ Nevada County Tapestry also coordinates a benefit to a local nonprofit. These are usually held the second Thursday of each month at The Holbrooke Hotel or Christopher's Event Center (both on Main Street in Grass Valley). The venue rotates, while a new featured speaker and nonprofit are showcased during the dinner event.
For more information about BAM, visit http://NevadaCountyBAMTapestry.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed