Calling all chili cookers
August 21, 2014
The Great Republic of Rough and Ready is again preparing to host its annual Chili Cook-off on Sunday, September 28 and is seeking chili cookers interested in participating.
The annual event brings individuals, businesses and civic organizations to town, where they can cook their favorite chili recipe and submit them to a panel of judges and to the public for tasting. The judges will determine the first and second place winners, who will receive $500 and $250 cash awards, while the visiting public can purchase tasting kits and vote for the winner of the $250 People's Choice Award. Bragging rights, far in excess of any cash awards, also accrue to the winners. Rough and Ready rules apply, meaning there are few restrictions on ingredients.
If your friends, family or co-workers have raved about your chili, go for the gold and sign up to cook your secret recipe! It may be your chili that unseats the incumbent champion, Team Chili Billy.
Spaces are limited and applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, chili cookers are asked to contact Craig Ashcraft, Rough and Ready Chamber of Commerce, at 530-432-1227. Cook-off rules and application may be downloaded from the Chili Cook-off page of the Chamber website, http://www.roughandreadychamber.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party
- Nevada County authorities accuse man of possessing meth, police scanner
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Andrew Wilson: Nevada County Board of Supervisors ignores will of voters, shirks responsibility
- Nevada City talks medical marijuana