Calling all chili cookers
August 21, 2014
The Great Republic of Rough and Ready is again preparing to host its annual Chili Cook-off on Sunday, September 28 and is seeking chili cookers interested in participating.
The annual event brings individuals, businesses and civic organizations to town, where they can cook their favorite chili recipe and submit them to a panel of judges and to the public for tasting. The judges will determine the first and second place winners, who will receive $500 and $250 cash awards, while the visiting public can purchase tasting kits and vote for the winner of the $250 People's Choice Award. Bragging rights, far in excess of any cash awards, also accrue to the winners. Rough and Ready rules apply, meaning there are few restrictions on ingredients.
If your friends, family or co-workers have raved about your chili, go for the gold and sign up to cook your secret recipe! It may be your chili that unseats the incumbent champion, Team Chili Billy.
Spaces are limited and applications will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, chili cookers are asked to contact Craig Ashcraft, Rough and Ready Chamber of Commerce, at 530-432-1227. Cook-off rules and application may be downloaded from the Chili Cook-off page of the Chamber website, http://www.roughandreadychamber.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed