Butterfly Garden a symbol of loved ones remembered
May 5, 2014
Friends of Hospice will once again present their annual "Butterfly Garden of Remembrance" over Memorial Day weekend. This benefit for Hospice of the Foothills offers the community a special place to remember their loved ones.
The garden will be located on the lawn area at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way in Nevada City, and will be hosted by Friends of Hospice from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on May 24, 25, and 26.
More than 700 colorful butterflies will be installed. Community members are invited to write a special message and names of loved ones on a card that will be attached to a beautiful wrought iron butterfly mounted to a garden stake. A $15 donation is requested for each remembrance.
To receive a donation card or to find a location were cards could be picked up, call the Friends of Hospice office at 530-274-5121. Friends of Hospice is a nonprofit organization that supports Hospice of the Foothills through activities and fundraising.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Avanguardia Wines opens new tasting room with Jim Bair Photography
- Craft Guild’s ‘Winterfaire’ this weekend at Nevada County Fairgrounds
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada City’s Stone House fully up and running after year-long renovation