Butterfly Garden a symbol of loved ones remembered
May 5, 2014
Friends of Hospice will once again present their annual "Butterfly Garden of Remembrance" over Memorial Day weekend. This benefit for Hospice of the Foothills offers the community a special place to remember their loved ones.
The garden will be located on the lawn area at Hooper & Weaver Mortuary, 459 Hollow Way in Nevada City, and will be hosted by Friends of Hospice from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on May 24, 25, and 26.
More than 700 colorful butterflies will be installed. Community members are invited to write a special message and names of loved ones on a card that will be attached to a beautiful wrought iron butterfly mounted to a garden stake. A $15 donation is requested for each remembrance.
To receive a donation card or to find a location were cards could be picked up, call the Friends of Hospice office at 530-274-5121. Friends of Hospice is a nonprofit organization that supports Hospice of the Foothills through activities and fundraising.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance