Buck Stew fundraiser benefits senior center
December 26, 2012
The Buck Stew fundraiser for the North San Juan Senior Center will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Nov. 10 at the North San Juan Senior Center on Route 49 in North San Juan. Back by popular demand, for years the Buck Stew has been a ridge tradition. Venison from the farm to the stew pot will be expertly prepared by chef Edison Zapata. The famous salad bar, overflowing with organic salad tidbits, could be a full meal for vegetarians. Beer and wine is available. What would a gourmet venison stew dinner be without a glass of local red wine? Be sure to save room for dessert. The bake sale table will be loaded with cakes and pies, cookies and bars, all lovingly prepared by grandmas from favorite recipes. It is said that some folks head for the dessert table first, making sure they get their favorite.
Local merchants and artists have been overly generous this year. Our endless raffle is sure to please everyone. The senior center walls colorfully display fabulous art by members of the senior center. All art is for sale.
All this is only $10 for adults and $5 for children.
The North San Juan Senior Center is at 29190 State Highway 49 in North San Juan. For information, call (530) 292-9048.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton