Book Swap set for Sunday
May 1, 2013
The monthly community book swap will be from 1 to 3 p.m., Sunday, on the front lawn of Scooter’s Place, 139 Joerschke Drive in Grass Valley. Exchange books, CDs, DVDs, and magazines for others.
Everything is free. The swap is still looking for a new home to hold its monthly swaps. A large open space for 75 to 100 people is needed, plus room for eight to 10 tables of books. The group would also like space to store inventory. A central location, parking and restroom are also needed. Call Cheryl at 530-615-4155 and visit http://www.ncbookswap.webs.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Seminar on cannabis law set for January in Nevada City
- Rotary ‘coat drive’ for Hospitality House in Nevada County
- Santa’s Christmas Shoppe for young children in Nevada City
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Grass Valley’s Del Oro Theatre presents ‘Kenneth Branagh Theatre Live’ Thursday
- Defense attorneys continue to question credibility of Nevada County Sheriff’s narcotics detective
- Probe shut down: Former ADA allegedly forced to resign after investigation into narcotics detective
- John Foster, former Grass Valley police chief, announces run for sheriff
- Documents disclosed in case involving Nevada County Sheriff’s narcotics detective
- Sheriff Keith Royal: I intend to retire at end of this term