Book giveaway and Christmas party this Saturday
December 26, 2012
The Story Club book giveaway and Christmas party will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday at the Briar Patch Community Market across the street from Sierra College in Grass Valley.
Rose Gander, narrator for the North American Bunraku Puppet Theatre and founder of Story Club, says the club gives away good quality used children's books at events in Western Gateway Park and on the third Saturday of the month at the Briar Patch Market Community room.
"Presenting books and stories to children is one of the ways that we as a community can encourage children to love books and reading, two important skills necessary to become a lifelong learner," Gander said. "The events promote literacy and the love of reading."
All children attending a Story Club event are given one or more books to take home, usually several books are taken by each family. The goal is to provide a place where families can bring a stack of books and leave with a stack of books. Songs, stories, poetry and choosing books are some of the activities that occur at a Story Club event. For more information or to donate books, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party