B’nai Harim to host annual picnic in Grass Valley
May 14, 2017
Congregation B'nai Harim at the Nevada County Jewish Community Center (NCJCC) will host its annual Congregation Picnic in its newly expanded backyard at 11:30 a.m. on May 21. The NCJCC recently purchased additional land from a neighboring property and has been working on preparing the land for outdoor celebrations and events. Community members are invited to visit the new space and learn about plans for future development of the space.
Hamburgers, veggie burgers and kosher hot dogs will be served. Please bring a side dish, salad, fruit or dessert to share and some lawn chairs or a picnic blanket.
This year, the holiday of Shavuot falls very closely to the picnic, so for this year, the picnic will be "Shavuot Style." The holiday of Shavuot is a holiday that celebrates receiving the Torah and harvesting of early crops. Dairy foods are traditionally served because the words of the Torah are compared to the sweetness of milk and honey. The NCJCC is located at 506 Walsh Street in Grass Valley. For further information, visit http://www.ncjcc.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-477-0922.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Suspect arrested in two Grass Valley spot fires
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans