Blaze guts Penn Valley house
May 20, 2013
A residence in Penn Valley was fully involved when firefighters arrived and was completely destroyed Thursday night.
Firefighters from the Penn Valley Fire District responded to the fire on Castaway Court, off Pioneer Way, just after 9:15 p.m. Rough and Ready firefighters assisted, as did Grass Valley firefighters.
The house was a complete loss, but no injuries were reported. Several small spot fires caused by wind-blown embers were quickly extinguished.
Firefighters were on the scene for more than five hours and the cause remains under investigation.
Trending In: News Briefs
- YRCS Education Foundation ‘Fun Run’ partners with Sierra Harvest
- Drone View: Nevada City’s brilliant fall colors captured over Pioneer Park Sunday
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) wait list is open
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County teachers awarded grants for classrooms