Blaze guts Penn Valley house
May 20, 2013
A residence in Penn Valley was fully involved when firefighters arrived and was completely destroyed Thursday night.
Firefighters from the Penn Valley Fire District responded to the fire on Castaway Court, off Pioneer Way, just after 9:15 p.m. Rough and Ready firefighters assisted, as did Grass Valley firefighters.
The house was a complete loss, but no injuries were reported. Several small spot fires caused by wind-blown embers were quickly extinguished.
Firefighters were on the scene for more than five hours and the cause remains under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County