Blaze guts Penn Valley house
May 20, 2013
A residence in Penn Valley was fully involved when firefighters arrived and was completely destroyed Thursday night.
Firefighters from the Penn Valley Fire District responded to the fire on Castaway Court, off Pioneer Way, just after 9:15 p.m. Rough and Ready firefighters assisted, as did Grass Valley firefighters.
The house was a complete loss, but no injuries were reported. Several small spot fires caused by wind-blown embers were quickly extinguished.
Firefighters were on the scene for more than five hours and the cause remains under investigation.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Nevada County donor pledges to match contributions to Hospitality House
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say