Blaze guts Penn Valley house
May 20, 2013
A residence in Penn Valley was fully involved when firefighters arrived and was completely destroyed Thursday night.
Firefighters from the Penn Valley Fire District responded to the fire on Castaway Court, off Pioneer Way, just after 9:15 p.m. Rough and Ready firefighters assisted, as did Grass Valley firefighters.
The house was a complete loss, but no injuries were reported. Several small spot fires caused by wind-blown embers were quickly extinguished.
Firefighters were on the scene for more than five hours and the cause remains under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Partners in English Language Learning seeks volunteer tutors in Nevada County
- Grass Valley shelter overrun with cats, needs families, donations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton