Blaze guts Penn Valley house
May 20, 2013
A residence in Penn Valley was fully involved when firefighters arrived and was completely destroyed Thursday night.
Firefighters from the Penn Valley Fire District responded to the fire on Castaway Court, off Pioneer Way, just after 9:15 p.m. Rough and Ready firefighters assisted, as did Grass Valley firefighters.
The house was a complete loss, but no injuries were reported. Several small spot fires caused by wind-blown embers were quickly extinguished.
Firefighters were on the scene for more than five hours and the cause remains under investigation.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Truckee police: Man drugged victim, raped her
- Grass Valley sinkhole’s impacts on creek will remain
- ‘Lucky to be alive:’ Man escapes fire, returns to find tree on house
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site