Bitney Springs e-waste drive at Old Barn
July 3, 2013
Bitney Springs College Prep High School will benefit from every item of electronic junk that folks take to Old Barn Self-Storage this month. The charter school in Grass Valley is the July partner for Old Barn's monthly e-waste collection.
Take your old televisions, radios, computers, monitors, cell phones and other gadgets to Old Barn, where they will be stored in a locker until the end of the month. Old Barn will call SIMS Recycling Solutions, an international recycling company with a facility in Roseville, to fetch the junk.
SIMS also takes keyboards and mice, cables, scanners, cameras, copiers, test equipment, lab and medical equipment, home entertainment items and mobile devices. For a complete list or to learn about SIMS' data security steps, visit http://www.us.simsrecycling.com and click on "For Consumers."
Old Barn Self-Storage is at 175 Spring Hill Drive, Grass Valley, off Idaho-Maryland Road. Hours are 9:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. daily. Contact onsite manager Lew Aebersold at 530-274-4455 with questions or to become an e-waste partner.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Grass Valley police charge couple with torture, kidnapping
- Federal, state lawmakers make case for more dams at water symposium (VIDEO)
- Nevada County Public Health Department receives reports of mumps
- Sixth-grader Josie Allen takes on Highway 49
- Grass Valley man found with 44 pounds of marijuana, authorities say