Bipolar Support Group: regaining balance and control
April 5, 2013
Sierra Summit Behavioral Health will be hosting weekly drop-in Bipolar Support Groups that are open to the community at large.
The support group is designed for people with bipolar disorder who are seeking practical tools to improve their quality of life. For those who are bipolar, the disorder is a chronic condition, the same as all the others. The condition does not have to alienate individuals or prevent then from developing healthy relationships and enjoying fulfilling lives.
There are many methods one can use to manage the "ups and downs" of moods. The focus is to journey as a group to find the methods that are relevant to and practical to the unique bipolar experiences. The group will review tools that have been effective for other members and families.
The group's goal is to understand each individual's challenges and help them reach their full human potential. It is an opportunity to socialize, make new friends, exchange experiences and prove that those with the disorder can live a wonderful, balanced life beyond the label.
The group meets every Wednesday from 6 to 7 p.m. at 350 Crown Point Circle, Suite 150 in Grass Valley.
For more information, call 530-845-4602.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire
- ATV theft takes strange turn, leads authorities from Newtown Road to Penn Valley Drive
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death