Big Brothers Big Sisters’ Tree of Giving now at SPD in Nevada City
November 18, 2013
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County's "Big Tree of Giving," which displays gift tags with "wish list" items for each one of the agency's "Littles," is now at SPD Market in Nevada City through Dec. 9.
"We like to make sure each of our "Littles" has a gift under the tree during this holiday season," explains Suze Pfaffinger, program coordinator. "We offer this giving opportunity to the community so our 'Bigs,' who give so much all year long to their 'Littles,' don't feel obligated." Donation need to be returned to SPD no later than Dec. 9 to ensure delivery to children in time for the holiday season.
Cash donations to Big Brothers Big Sisters for match activities will also be accepted at SPD. Those wishing to donate via credit card can do so online at http://www.bigsofnc.org through the PayPal link.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Nevada County and North Lake Tahoe (BBBSNC) is an affiliate member of Big Brothers Big Sisters of America, a national nonprofit agency dedicated to creating a volunteer base so that every at-risk child and youth who needs and wants a mentor can be matched with a Big Brother or Big Sister. BBBSNC serves children in all of Nevada County including Truckee, as well as the North Lake Tahoe communities of Kings Beach and Tahoe City. For more information, see http://www.bigsofnc.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Lake Wildwood Women’s Exchange ‘closet swap’ CoRR fundraiser
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Intero Children’s Charity Fundraiser set for Saturday in Grass Valley
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death
- Could tiny houses fix a huge problem?: Homeless advocates respond to Nevada County’s plan
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Hitchhiker ‘looking for trouble’