Bear River grad to tell her story at PFLAG meeting Tuesday
August 24, 2014
Bear River Graduate Anna Lacey will be the guest speaker at PFLAG Nevada County's upcoming meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 26. Lacey's personal story, recounting her experiences as a gay teenager, was recently published as a letter in The Union. Community members are invited to hear the rest of the story from Lacey as she shares what her journey has been like since her life-changing day the Nevada County Fair a few years ago.
PFLAG'S meetings are at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, located at 246 South Church St. in Grass Valley. The support portion of the meeting begins at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 26 and everyone is welcome to participate. The speaker portion will begin at 7 p.m.
For more information, contact Pat Rose at 530-274-1423 or 530-277-0489.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County homicide: Detective says suspect confided about shooting
- Grass Valley brew pub details emerge
- Lake Tahoe within 3 feet of legal limit
- Alta Sierra road erodes after water main break
- Jerry Karnow to receive Public Safety Award from the Nevada County Law Enforcement and Fire Prevention Council