Bear River grad to tell her story at PFLAG meeting Tuesday
August 24, 2014
Bear River Graduate Anna Lacey will be the guest speaker at PFLAG Nevada County's upcoming meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 26. Lacey's personal story, recounting her experiences as a gay teenager, was recently published as a letter in The Union. Community members are invited to hear the rest of the story from Lacey as she shares what her journey has been like since her life-changing day the Nevada County Fair a few years ago.
PFLAG'S meetings are at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, located at 246 South Church St. in Grass Valley. The support portion of the meeting begins at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 26 and everyone is welcome to participate. The speaker portion will begin at 7 p.m.
For more information, contact Pat Rose at 530-274-1423 or 530-277-0489.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Penn Valley woman accused of trying to mail suspected drugs to prison
- John Drew: The truth about Centennial Reservoir and the Bear River
- Railbus 97 restored and ready to ride at Nevada County Narrow Gauge Railroad Museum
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public