Bear River grad to tell her story at PFLAG meeting Tuesday
August 24, 2014
Bear River Graduate Anna Lacey will be the guest speaker at PFLAG Nevada County’s upcoming meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 26. Lacey’s personal story, recounting her experiences as a gay teenager, was recently published as a letter in The Union. Community members are invited to hear the rest of the story from Lacey as she shares what her journey has been like since her life-changing day the Nevada County Fair a few years ago.
PFLAG’S meetings are at the Unitarian Universalist Community of the Mountains, located at 246 South Church St. in Grass Valley. The support portion of the meeting begins at 6 p.m., Tuesday, Aug. 26 and everyone is welcome to participate. The speaker portion will begin at 7 p.m.
For more information, contact Pat Rose at 530-274-1423 or 530-277-0489.
Trending In: News Briefs
- YRCS Education Foundation ‘Fun Run’ partners with Sierra Harvest
- Drone View: Nevada City’s brilliant fall colors captured over Pioneer Park Sunday
- Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) wait list is open
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County teachers awarded grants for classrooms