Back-to-school vaccines offered
August 9, 2014
The Nevada County Public Health Department's Immunization Program is offering a special vaccination clinic at the Grass Valley Veteran's Hall from 1-4 p.m. Thursday. The clinic will be located on the lower level of the hall.
This clinic will offer all childhood immunizations for anyone eligible for the Vaccines for Children Program.
Additionally, the Tdap shot for all incoming seventh graders, as well as the MMR shot, will be available for $10 per shot regardless of insurance or eligibility.
Please bring immunization records with you.
For additional information for all immunization clinics, go to http://www.mynevadacounty.com/nc/hhsa/ph and click on Back to School Immunization Clinic.
Public Health to host Demo Day at Grocery Outlet
On Sept. 3, from 9–11 a.m., Grocery Outlet and Nevada County's Department of Public Health are teaming up to offer a morning of in-house cooking demonstrations featuring fresh, healthy food. Local chef and cooking teacher Wendy Van Wagner will be leading the demos at Grocery Outlet. The goal is to show creative and fun ways to cook with some of Grocery Outlet's staples and produce to encourage healthy eating habits. There will be free cookbook giveaways for those who attend a demo, along with recipe cards and samples of the cooking demos to taste. For information, call the Public Health office at 530-265-1450.
Changes to recycling at SPD in Nevada City
A new vendor will be providing recycling services at SPD in Nevada City. The new vendor, rePlanet, will be opening the new manned facility soon. rePlanet is California's largest beverage container recycling company and operates 400 recycling centers, including the current recycling center at Raley's in Grass Valley. For more information, contact the Director of Public Works, Steve Castleberry at 530-265-1411.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death