Author to speak on ‘Outlaw Women of the Midwest’
January 10, 2013
The Jan. 17 Nevada County Historical Society's Speaker Night presentation will feature award-winning author Chris Enss speaking about her newest book, "Bedside Book of Bad Girls: Outlaw Women of the Midwest."
The book features 11 profiles of outlaw women from across the Midwest who perpetrated a variety of crimes. Chris will be sharing about her two years of meticulous research on these "bad girls," compiling fresh and little-known information on these renegades.
Enss has been writing about women of the Old West for more than a dozen years. She travels extensively, collecting research for her books and has received numerous awards celebrating her efforts to keep the spirit of the Old West alive for future generations. She will have books available for purchase and author signing. The one-hour presentation will begin at 7 p.m. in the conference room of the Madelyn Helling Library in Nevada City. The event is open to the public and admission is free. Refreshments are provided. For more NCHS information, go to: http://www.NevadaCountyHistory.org or contact President Daniel Ketcham at (530) 477-8056.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier