Author to speak on ‘Outlaw Women of the Midwest’
January 10, 2013
The Jan. 17 Nevada County Historical Society's Speaker Night presentation will feature award-winning author Chris Enss speaking about her newest book, "Bedside Book of Bad Girls: Outlaw Women of the Midwest."
The book features 11 profiles of outlaw women from across the Midwest who perpetrated a variety of crimes. Chris will be sharing about her two years of meticulous research on these "bad girls," compiling fresh and little-known information on these renegades.
Enss has been writing about women of the Old West for more than a dozen years. She travels extensively, collecting research for her books and has received numerous awards celebrating her efforts to keep the spirit of the Old West alive for future generations. She will have books available for purchase and author signing. The one-hour presentation will begin at 7 p.m. in the conference room of the Madelyn Helling Library in Nevada City. The event is open to the public and admission is free. Refreshments are provided. For more NCHS information, go to: http://www.NevadaCountyHistory.org or contact President Daniel Ketcham at (530) 477-8056.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- ‘Meet and Greet’ for Kimberly Ellis, candidate for state chair of the California Democratic Party