ASA-NC meeting moved to Saturday
March 30, 2013
Americans for Safe Access Nevada County has moved the date of its North San Juan monthly meeting to Saturday. The meeting will take place at the NSJ Senior Center at 2 p.m. Normally the group meets the fourth Sunday of the month but changed the date so the members can spend Easter Sunday with their families.
Topics on the agenda include an update on the board of supervisors meeting March 26, progress on the phone survey, preparing for the initiative drive and news about the pending lawsuit against the county's cannabis cultivation ordinance.
Carson Blanton will introduce plans for the Cherry Blossom Festival June 22 that will kick off with a parade that melds into a fun-filled festival. ASA-NC will be entering a float in the parade with a pro-cannabis theme.
ASA-NC is hosting a free screening of the film "What if Cannabis Cured Cancer" April 13 at the Truckee-Donner Recreation Center, 8924 Donner Pass Road, Truckee, at noon in meeting room three. Supervisor Richard Anderson has been invited to attend the film.
"I hope Supervisor Anderson will take this opportunity to educate himself about the medical advancements that have been made in cannabis therapeutics," said chapter chairwoman Patricia Smith. "It's hard to make an informed decision when you only hear one side of a story. Because we do not have dispensaries in Nevada County, there is a real need for collectives to provide medicine for those that can't grow for themselves."
For information, visit http://asa-nc.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier