Annual Nevada County Food and Toy Run coming in December
November 22, 2013
The 22nd Annual Nevada County Food and Toy Run is set for Saturday, Dec. 14. Every year, 1,500 to 2,000 motorcycles of all makes and models are escorted by local law enforcement through Nevada City and Grass Valley on the old Nevada City Highway. The procession ends at the Nevada County Fairgrounds, where low-income families of Nevada County, Head Start and Big Brothers Big Sisters will be waiting to receive food and toys.
The Toy Run has received proclamations of "Nevada County Food and Toy Run Day" from the city councils of Grass Valley and Nevada City, as well as a resolution from the Nevada County board of supervisors.
The event has been recognized by the U.S. Congress and the California Assembly for its impact during the Christmas holidays. The nonprofit Nevada County Food and Toy Run exists solely on the largess of sponsors and the sale of Toy Run shirts and Run pins. The procession will be winding its way through town from noon to 1 p.m. on Dec. 14.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- “Nevada County Reads & Writes” selects book for 2018
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Water and compliance issues bring cannabis advocates, county officials to the table