Annual Nevada County Food and Toy Run coming in December
November 22, 2013
The 22nd Annual Nevada County Food and Toy Run is set for Saturday, Dec. 14. Every year, 1,500 to 2,000 motorcycles of all makes and models are escorted by local law enforcement through Nevada City and Grass Valley on the old Nevada City Highway. The procession ends at the Nevada County Fairgrounds, where low-income families of Nevada County, Head Start and Big Brothers Big Sisters will be waiting to receive food and toys.
The Toy Run has received proclamations of "Nevada County Food and Toy Run Day" from the city councils of Grass Valley and Nevada City, as well as a resolution from the Nevada County board of supervisors.
The event has been recognized by the U.S. Congress and the California Assembly for its impact during the Christmas holidays. The nonprofit Nevada County Food and Toy Run exists solely on the largess of sponsors and the sale of Toy Run shirts and Run pins. The procession will be winding its way through town from noon to 1 p.m. on Dec. 14.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier