Annual Bridge of Giving benefits Food Bank
October 31, 2013
The community will once again gather in support of the Nevada County Food Bank for the eighth Annual Bridge of Giving, scheduled for 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 3. All ages, especially children, are invited to the 49 crossing of the Yuba River to help contribute to our community by building a bridge of donated food across the span of the old bridge. It is a perfect way to get out and enjoy the beauty that we are fortunate to live amidst, to enjoy our special river and support others at the same time. The Food Bank of Nevada County is in ever-increasing need of support. This year alone they are serving nearly 40 percent more families than in 2012, as well as supporting Project HOPE for kids snacks' in schools and outreach programs for homebound community members.
We all know the joy that comes from giving, and the sooner we can give our kids the opportunity to experience that feeling the better it is. This is a fun and unique way to do that. This year SYRCL is joining in the fun and "Flo" the salmon will be there to greet those who come to donate. The event will also include art projects for the kids. For more information, call Pamela Morey at 530-913-7308.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Daughters of the American Revolution honor high school ‘good citizens’ in Nevada County
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier