Annie Brock celebrates 100 years
April 8, 2013
Annie Brock of Grass Valley celebrated her 100th birthday March 8. A party took place in her honor at the home of her granddaughter, Sandra Berggren Thompson, and her husband, Bill. About 45 family members were able to attend.
Brock has lived in Grass Valley since 1983, when she traveled with her husband, Will, and four small children from Globe, Ariz. The family came to Grass Valley through Colfax on the Narrow Gauge Railway. Brock’s family of six children, 17 grandchildren, 43 great-grandchildren and four great-great grandchildren has spread from the Nevada and Yuba counties area to the Bay Area, San Diego and Oregon. Brock’s children are Betty Berggren of Nevada City, Jim Brock of Grass Valley, Joanne Allen of Grass Valley, Will Brock of Yuba City and Cathy Brock Peake of Grass Valley. Daughter Annie Parsons passed away in 2007, and Brock’s husband, Will, died in 1995.
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping