American Legion Auxiliary’s ‘Leona’s Luau Fundraiser’ coming to Grass Valley Vets Hall
April 3, 2013
This year is the 4th annual Leona's Luau Fundraiser sponsored by the Frank Gallino Unit 130 American Legion Auxiliary. It is in honor of Leona Bryant, a 22 year member, whose support was "limitless," according to organizers. The fundraiser supports many of the Auxiliary's programs such as Americanism, education, Girls State and National Security (care packages to our troops overseas).
This year Leona's Luau will be held on Saturday, April 27 at the Grass Valley Veterans' Memorial Building in the Main Auditorium. The no host bar will open at 4:30 p.m. A dinner of Kahlua pork, confetti rice, beans, fresh fruit and dessert will be served beginning at 6 p.m. The Hawaiian dance troupe, Ka Hale Hula O Pilalohaokalani O Hilo will perform after dinner. This year the troupe will be celebrating their 10-year anniversary with a Ho'ike (concert) on June 22 with a matinee and evening show at the Center or The Arts. Following their performance there will be a raffle with many fun prizes. During the evening, participants will also have the opportunity to take photos.
The event will help support the troops, veterans, their families and celebrating the life of Leona Bryant. Advance tickets are $20, $10 for children 12 and under. Tickets are available for purchase at BriarPatch Co-op, The Bookseller or by contacting Auxiliary member, Janet Hessel at 530-432-0425. If you purchase a table of eight, your table will be reserved for your party and tickets will be discounted to $17.50. Tickets must be purchased by April 20. Gently used Hawaiian shirts will be available for $5. All of these proceeds will be donated to AnimalSave.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Faith groups invite Nevada County residents to come together in unity
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Congressman Tom McClintock to speak to Nevada County Republican Women
- 1/2-acre vegetation fire off North Bloomfield contained
- ‘Trimmigrants’ descend on Nevada County, for better or for worse
- Moratorium on insurance policies affect prospective Nevada County homeowners
- Hefty expenses force Nevada City to take out loans
- Nevada County staff recommend no Dollar General at Rough and Ready Highway site
- Grass Valley murder suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity