Amateur radio buffs pass the test
December 26, 2012
The Nevada County Amateur Radio Club wishes to acknowledge those who passed amateur radio testing for the month of October.
Passing the "extra" class test were Doc Dashiell, KG6YHH, and David Tannenbaum, WA6AXG. Passing the "general" class test were Laraine Sherriff, KJ6PUT, and Jason Eaton, KJ6HNP. Passing the "technician" class test was Dennis Seaton, KK6ALQ.
Amateur radio operators are required to pass the basic technicians license and Morse code is not a requirement. Additional increments in licenses are general class and extra class. The Nevada County Amateur Radio Club invites your inquiries into the most fascinating hobby in the world. For more information, visit ncarc.org or arrl.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Raising Deer Creek awareness — open studio artist partners with Sierra Streams Institute
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Annual classic truck and 4×4 show coming to Nevada County Fairgrounds in October
- Flea market at Bear River High this Saturday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Sierra Nevada snow causes huge, fatal crash
- UPDATE: I-80 re-opened after multi-vehicle wreck, fatality
- Cause of death confirmed for Bridgeport hiker
- Grass Valley police: Spray painted, stolen vehicle leads to arrest
- Running into trouble: Failed negotiations between canal-side property owner and Banner Mountain group spur lawsuit