Amateur radio buffs pass the test
December 26, 2012
The Nevada County Amateur Radio Club wishes to acknowledge those who passed amateur radio testing for the month of October.
Passing the "extra" class test were Doc Dashiell, KG6YHH, and David Tannenbaum, WA6AXG. Passing the "general" class test were Laraine Sherriff, KJ6PUT, and Jason Eaton, KJ6HNP. Passing the "technician" class test was Dennis Seaton, KK6ALQ.
Amateur radio operators are required to pass the basic technicians license and Morse code is not a requirement. Additional increments in licenses are general class and extra class. The Nevada County Amateur Radio Club invites your inquiries into the most fascinating hobby in the world. For more information, visit ncarc.org or arrl.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier