Amateur radio buffs pass the test
December 26, 2012
The Nevada County Amateur Radio Club wishes to acknowledge those who passed amateur radio testing for the month of October.
Passing the "extra" class test were Doc Dashiell, KG6YHH, and David Tannenbaum, WA6AXG. Passing the "general" class test were Laraine Sherriff, KJ6PUT, and Jason Eaton, KJ6HNP. Passing the "technician" class test was Dennis Seaton, KK6ALQ.
Amateur radio operators are required to pass the basic technicians license and Morse code is not a requirement. Additional increments in licenses are general class and extra class. The Nevada County Amateur Radio Club invites your inquiries into the most fascinating hobby in the world. For more information, visit ncarc.org or arrl.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Free glaucoma and vision screenings for ‘Community Involvement Day’ on July 31
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Man convicted of making lewd acts toward a child, seeks new trial
- Nevada County marijuana community advisory group learns about state pot laws