Amateur radio buffs pass the test
December 26, 2012
The Nevada County Amateur Radio Club wishes to acknowledge those who passed amateur radio testing for the month of October.
Passing the "extra" class test were Doc Dashiell, KG6YHH, and David Tannenbaum, WA6AXG. Passing the "general" class test were Laraine Sherriff, KJ6PUT, and Jason Eaton, KJ6HNP. Passing the "technician" class test was Dennis Seaton, KK6ALQ.
Amateur radio operators are required to pass the basic technicians license and Morse code is not a requirement. Additional increments in licenses are general class and extra class. The Nevada County Amateur Radio Club invites your inquiries into the most fascinating hobby in the world. For more information, visit ncarc.org or arrl.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: 1 charged with murder in Penn Valley death
- Woman kidnapped from Alta Sierra home, Nevada County authorities say
- Top 10 ways you know you’re a Grass Valley/Nevada City local
- Nevada City police: Suspect found with suspected drugs, $17K in cash
- Nevada County authorities say bones found near Lake Spaulding belong to Ruendi Ibarra, 26, of Stockton