AARP safe driver courses offered
March 19, 2013
Thinking about becoming a safer driver in 2013? AARP offers Driver Safety classes for drivers 50 years and older. Participants learn defensive driving techniques, new traffic laws, rules of the road and how to compensate for age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time.
After taking the class, participants receive a certificate to obtain a safe driver discount on their auto insurance.
The certificate is good for 3 years. The next eight hour class will be from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. on both May 13 and 14. Call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to pre-register.
Trending In: News Briefs
- UPDATE: Both lanes re-opened on Highway 49 in Grass Valley after sinkhole inspection
- Nevada City Planning Commission OK’s outdoor pot grows
- North San Juan family loses virtually everything in house fire
- Nevada County homeless man given second chance with previous job
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Person refuses to leave until he’s done sleeping