AARP safe driver courses offered
March 19, 2013
Thinking about becoming a safer driver in 2013? AARP offers Driver Safety classes for drivers 50 years and older. Participants learn defensive driving techniques, new traffic laws, rules of the road and how to compensate for age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time.
After taking the class, participants receive a certificate to obtain a safe driver discount on their auto insurance.
The certificate is good for 3 years. The next eight hour class will be from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. on both May 13 and 14. Call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to pre-register.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Give blood, get a free ticket to the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County Fairgrounds and community organizations team up for Community Involvement Day, offer discounts
- BIRTHS: JULY 21, 2017
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Naked man walks into business and proposes to employee
- Fire devastates Burgee Dave’s at The Mayo in Camptonville
- ‘Family of the year’: Fowlers honored by the Nevada County Fair
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth
- Crews gain control of Grizzly Fire as dry, hot conditions continue in Nevada County