AARP safe driver courses offered
March 19, 2013
Thinking about becoming a safer driver in 2013? AARP offers Driver Safety classes for drivers 50 years and older. Participants learn defensive driving techniques, new traffic laws, rules of the road and how to compensate for age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time.
After taking the class, participants receive a certificate to obtain a safe driver discount on their auto insurance.
The certificate is good for 3 years. The next eight hour class will be from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. on both May 13 and 14. Call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to pre-register.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- PFLAG to screen ‘Gender Revolution’ in Grass Valley
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Chicago men found with almost 30 lbs of pot near Truckee, CHP says
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada Union student with special needs joins his classmates at Senior Ball
- Lawsuit filed against Nevada County alleges wrongful jail death