AARP safe driver courses offered
March 19, 2013
Thinking about becoming a safer driver in 2013? AARP offers Driver Safety classes for drivers 50 years and older. Participants learn defensive driving techniques, new traffic laws, rules of the road and how to compensate for age-related changes in vision, hearing and reaction time.
After taking the class, participants receive a certificate to obtain a safe driver discount on their auto insurance.
The certificate is good for 3 years. The next eight hour class will be from 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. on both May 13 and 14. Call HelpLine at 530-273-2273 to pre-register.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- HOMICIDE: Friends say Penn Valley murder suspect appeared to be deteriorating, kept guns in home
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Update: Juvenile smoking near the brush, arrested in connection to Auburn fire