18th Annual Nevada County Book Sale to benefit United Way of Nevada County
September 13, 2013
In preparation for the 18th Annual Nevada County Book Sale to Benefit United Way of Nevada County, donations of books (in good condition) are now being accepted in the lobby of the Rood Center. Books can be dropped off at the Rood Government Center Lobby, located at 950 Maidu Ave in Nevada City, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., through Sept. 27. The group will not accept the following: National Geographic/periodicals, textbooks, encyclopedias, recorded tapes/DVDs, Harlequin novels or 8-Track tapes/cassette tapes.
The book sale will be held from Oct. 7 through Nov. 1, Prices range from 50 cents to $4, and the sale is open to the public from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m,, Monday through Friday.
This year's United Way community impact areas are education, income and health. In the impact area of education, they are helping children and adults achieve their potential through education and mentoring programs. In the impact area of income, they are helping families and seniors become financially stable and independent by supporting basic needs. Through the impact area of health, they are improving people's health by increasing access to critical healthcare services, reducing substance abuse, child abuse and domestic violence. United Way is creating opportunities by focusing on these three building blocks of a good life. Visit the Rood Center during October and get some great deals on books while giving back to our community. For more information, contact Lelia Loomis at 530-265-1498.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Memorial Day art returns to Grass Valley hillside
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Caller reports transients ‘humping’ in public
- Search continues for Jordan Rose, who went missing in November
- Vehicle crashes into Grass Valley hair salon (VIDEO)
- Randy Hansen, facing child sex accusations, wants search warrant quashed
- Toran Maronic beat the odds, now he’s making the most of his second chance