1/2-acre vegetation fire off North Bloomfield contained
April 18, 2013
Firefighters responded to an escaped vegetation fire near Blue Tent School and North Bloomfield roads Wednesday afternoon.
First responders found a half-acre of mixed brush and logging slash with one outbuilding and one trailer involved in the fire with an exposure to a vehicle at approximately 1:30 p.m., according to a Nevada County Consolidated Fire District report.
Firefighters were able to keep the fire from reaching the exposure and quickly contained the remaining blaze, consolidated reported.
No injuries were sustained, said consolidated Battalion Chief Mark Buttron.
Personnel from Cal Fire and Nevada City and Grass Valley fire departments also responded.
— Christopher Rosacker
Trending In: News Briefs
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Zepparella to perform at Grass Valley Elks Lodge
- Today an opportunity to take The Grandmother Pledge
- Nevada County DMV reminds motorists of new 2017 laws
- Downtown Grass Valley police chase ends in creek, police say
- Driver rear-ends vehicle, flees scene of Highway 49 wreck, CHP says
- Man dies from NorCal gas station nacho-cheese dip
- Couple found dead in plane wreckage in Northern California
- Nevada County judge dismisses conviction against former Supervisor Terry Lamphier