1/2-acre vegetation fire off North Bloomfield contained
April 18, 2013
Firefighters responded to an escaped vegetation fire near Blue Tent School and North Bloomfield roads Wednesday afternoon.
First responders found a half-acre of mixed brush and logging slash with one outbuilding and one trailer involved in the fire with an exposure to a vehicle at approximately 1:30 p.m., according to a Nevada County Consolidated Fire District report.
Firefighters were able to keep the fire from reaching the exposure and quickly contained the remaining blaze, consolidated reported.
No injuries were sustained, said consolidated Battalion Chief Mark Buttron.
Personnel from Cal Fire and Nevada City and Grass Valley fire departments also responded.
— Christopher Rosacker
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: News Briefs
- Repeat offender back in Nevada County Jail, police say
- Ideas swirl about affordable housing in Nevada City
- Now hiring: Grass Valley, Nevada City undergoing changes
- Crime Roundup: Penn Valley murder; walking stick assault; ATV chase
- Nevada County authorities say Auburn man found with suspected heroin, meth