Local advocates for the Empire Mine State Historic Park expressed dismay after officials from the California Department of Parks and Recreation indicated they would not fund the continued construction of a 875-foot underground mine tunnel.
Construction of Empire Mine’s tourist tunnel comes to a halt
Trending in: Local News
- Empire Mine contractor says tourist tunnel ‘was ready to go’
- Bear River, Nevada Union FFA agriculture students continue to shine at events
- What’s new at Sierra College?
- Grass Valley ‘Most dangerous intersection’ to get upgrade
- Kellermanns honored as unsung heroes by Dalai Lama