As a teenager, Jean Dupre´ loved to ski. Originally from the French Canadian city of Montreal, Dupre´ moved to the town of Banff because of its nearby ski resorts. But there was one hitch — he needed a job that would not conflict with prime-time skiing hours. When he saw an advertisement for a job at an old Swiss German bakery, he jumped at the chance — the nontraditional hours were perfect. Little did he know that he would eventually grow to love baking as much as he loves to ski.
Dupre’s Baking Company’s breads, pastries bring customers back
Trending in: Local News
- School districts issue layoff notices, leaves staff in limbo
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges
- Second kidnap attempt reported in South Nevada County
- Empire Mine contractor says tourist tunnel ‘was ready to go’
- Nevada County Consolidated Fire’s draft audit shows $300,000 deficit