A transient with a mining camp on the Bear River was arrested after a deputy reportedly found several marijuana plants at his campsite. People had been calling in complaints about transients setting up camps in the area, on the Bear River upstream from Dog Bar, said Nevada County Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt, adding there had been concerns about mining activities and fires.
Marijuana plants at mining camp lead to arrest
Trending in: Local News
- Acupuncture may now be covered care
- DA reviewing allegations against Nevada City physician
- World Book Night comes to Nevada County
- Penn Valley Fire staff uncovers hazardous waste violations at routine inspection
- Nevada County licensees attend ABC liquor law workshop