A transient with a mining camp on the Bear River was arrested after a deputy reportedly found several marijuana plants at his campsite. People had been calling in complaints about transients setting up camps in the area, on the Bear River upstream from Dog Bar, said Nevada County Sheriff’s Capt. Jeff Pettitt, adding there had been concerns about mining activities and fires.
Marijuana plants at mining camp lead to arrest
Trending in: Local News
- School districts issue layoff notices, leaves staff in limbo
- North San Juan man arrested on peeping charges
- Second kidnap attempt reported in South Nevada County
- Nevada County Consolidated Fire’s draft audit shows $300,000 deficit
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel