Living Lands Agrarian Network (LLAN) is joining Live Healthy to help strengthen their capabilities in educating, inspiring and connecting Nevada County families to fresh, local, seasonal food. Live Healthy offers farm-to-school nutrition education and school food programs in Nevada County schools, while LLAN trains and mentors aspiring small-scale farmers, in addition to offering nutrition and farming education for youth. Together, the two nonprofits will become Sierra Harvest. The transition to the new name and joint organization will take place over several weeks as the groups integrate their programs, websites and communications.
2 groups join, become Sierra Harvest
Trending in: Local News
- Sierra Academy of Expeditionary Learning open for enrollment
- Nevada City homicide victim identified
- Woman found dead in the street in Morgan Ranch
- Homeless artist inspired by love of painting
- Teamwork builds new picnic area