We asked our Facebook friends to help provide a caption for this submitted photograph by Jack McCrory of a buck keeping cool in patch of St. John’s Wort.
The top prize for the best caption is a free large pizza from Miner Moe’s in Nevada City. Here are this week’s top offerings:
10. Nicole Tucker-Von Schoff — Can you see me now?
9. Jeremiah Skalla “Gosh! This isn’t a peep show! Can I ever get away from you two legged things?!”
8. Martin Webb — Last year, hiding here in the brush worked so well, what could possibly go wrong this year?
7. Lisa Scott — Anyone like the new garden art? It’s a Rack Sculpture
6. Brian L Toohey — Be verrrry quiet, I’m hunting humans.
5. June Anne Troy Searles — Move the antenna a little to the left. That’s it, George!!
4. Erin Calvert Pavloff — These are not the points you’re looking for ...
3. Rob Lambert Day — 163 as a shrub … they have accepted me as one of their own … they suspect nothing.
2. Gilbert Dominguez — Need GPS
1. Susan Smith — Nothing to see here. Move along.
You’ve won a free large pizza from Miner Moe’s Pizza in Nevada City.
To claim your prize, contact Editor Brian Hamilton within one week via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 530-477-4249.