Dr. Rene Kronland and her husband Wally stand next to the 1983 380SL Mercedes they won through a fundraiser for Women of Worth, a nonprofit organization that assists families in crisis. The fundraiser raised roughly $10,000, which will help sustain Hetty’s Haven, a shelter that provides a long-term transitional living program for 12 to 15 women and children. It is named in honor of Hetty Williams, who was murdered by her husband in Grass Valley. Women of Worth provides no-cost services, including short-term assistance for families in crisis and long-term transitional programs to enable women to safely escape domestic violence. For more information, visit www.ihaveworth.org.
Lucky winners of Women of Worth fundraiser prize
Trending in: Local News
- Empire Mine contractor says tourist tunnel ‘was ready to go’
- Bear River, Nevada Union FFA agriculture students continue to shine at events
- What’s new at Sierra College?
- Grass Valley ‘Most dangerous intersection’ to get upgrade
- Kellermanns honored as unsung heroes by Dalai Lama