Dr. Rene Kronland and her husband Wally stand next to the 1983 380SL Mercedes they won through a fundraiser for Women of Worth, a nonprofit organization that assists families in crisis. The fundraiser raised roughly $10,000, which will help sustain Hetty’s Haven, a shelter that provides a long-term transitional living program for 12 to 15 women and children. It is named in honor of Hetty Williams, who was murdered by her husband in Grass Valley. Women of Worth provides no-cost services, including short-term assistance for families in crisis and long-term transitional programs to enable women to safely escape domestic violence. For more information, visit www.ihaveworth.org.
Lucky winners of Women of Worth fundraiser prize
Trending in: Local News
- Found body investigated as homicide by Nevada County Sheriff's Office
- Bear River High School senior makes progress in recovery following 'freak' football injury
- Motorcyclist dies in Highway 20 crash
- Authorities: Grass Valley man dies in Yuba County crash
- Grass Valley Development Review Committee to review plans for hotel, brewery