At a nearly deserted public meeting Thursday about preferred municipal uses of revenue from a voter-approved sales tax increase, Nevada City Councilman Robert Bergman suggested that $30,000 of those funds be allocated toward a proposed $94,000 study to kick-start the long sought-after Nevada County Courthouse facility upgrade, in lieu of state funding for the project.
Nevada City considers $30k of new sales tax for courthouse
Trending in: Local News
- Grass Valley man arrested five times in two weeks
- Grass Valley woman educates others about fetal alcohol syndrome
- Woman found dead in the street in Morgan Ranch
- Health insurance hassle in Nevada County
- Grass Valley man arrested in connection with car theft