The decision of the Cyprus government to take money from people’s bank accounts has us wondering … “Can this happen here?” Their finance minister stated that depositors with over $129,000 could possibly see as much as 80 percent of their money seized. As more European countries fail and declare bankruptcy we wonder if the same scenario will apply to us if our government doesn’t get its finances in order.
Is Europe our future?
Trending in: Local News
- Ghost Posse takes over Grass Valley’s Holbrooke Hotel
- Contest for congressional seat heating up
- School districts issue layoff notices, leaves staff in limbo
- Grass Valley ‘Most dangerous intersection’ to get upgrade
- Two arrested on drug charges after probation search