Army Pfc. Natalie R. Fike has graduated from basic combat training at Fort Jackson, Columbia, in South Carolina. During the nine weeks of training, the soldier studied the Army mission, history, tradition and core values, physical fitness, and received instruction and practice in basic combat skills, military weapons, chemical warfare and bayonet training, drill and ceremony, marching, rifle marksmanship, armed and unarmed combat, map reading, field tactics, military courtesy, military justice system, basic first aid, foot marches, and field training exercises. Fike is the daughter of Ted Fike of Nevada City. She is a 2007 graduate of Nevada Union High School.
In the service: Natalie R. Fike
Trending in: Local News
- Pursuit ends in arrest on burglary, vehicle theft charges
- Two indicted in multimillion dollar commercial loan fraud
- Nevada Irrigation District asks for reboot of 36 percent water use reduction proposal
- Take a hike this spring with a new guide to native trees and shrubs
- Police blotter: Woman gives ride to guy after he jumps in her vehicle